Summary / introduction:
Tractors are versatile pieces of machinery due to the ever expanding types of attachments available for them, making them valuable tools within many different sectors. It is important to use the tractor correctly to ensure that accidents do not happen, so gaining relevant training, and even updating your knowledge and skills if you are a more experienced driver, is invaluable. The course can last from one to five days depending on the experience of the trainees and the course being delivered. Target audience:
Our tractor driving course is suitable for all tractor drivers including novices and experienced drivers in agriculture, amenity, forestry, industrial and horticulture industries. Our course will allow you to develop and expand where necessary on the skills and knowledge required in order to operate the tractor safely and competently. Description:
Our tractor driving training and assessment course has experienced instructors who will guide you through the training to make sure that you are able to use the tractor safely and with confidence, and that the key fundamentals of driving, loading and Health and Safety are covered. Once you have successfully carried out this course you will receive a certificate of training for tractor driving. The course can last from one to five days depending on the experience of the trainees and the course being delivered. Product objectives:
On completion of the course you will be able to:
- Carry out a risk assessment of the tasks in hand.
- Enter and leave the cab safely.
- Understand the purpose and meaning of the instrumentation.
- Understand the function of all controls.
- Understand the hazards associated with some controls.
- Start and stop the engine in a safe manner.
- Be competent in driving a tractor in a forward and reverse direction.
- Leave the tractor in a safe state.
- Understand reasons for daily checks.
- Competently perform checking of the lubrication, cooling and air intake of the engine, perform basic lubrication of the tractor and ensure the tractor is in a safe road going state.
- Attach a mounted implement and manoeuvre in a forward and reverse direction with a mounted implement.
- Attach a trailed implement and manoeuvre in a forward and reverse direction with a trailed implement.
- Leave unattached implements in a safe state.
- Correctly attach a PTO shaft between tractor and implement.
- Attach the PTO shaft guards correctly.
- Assess the minimum turning circle of the machine and the angle of the PTO shaft.
- Carry out basic operations using tractor mounted loader.
- Preventing accidents
- Daily checks
- Mounted implements
- Automatic hitching systems
- Trailed machines
- Basic use of loader
- Field planning
Course / product type: Integrated Training & Assessment Assessment type: Internal assessment and external verification Course / product delivery: Theory and practical based